Our OHS experts give your business the tools to plan and implement best practice OHS solutions.
Whether you're a member with us or not, we offer professional advice and training at highly competitive rates.
Our OHS services
Member helpline: 03 8662 5333
Our experienced OHS consultants offer relevant, independent and accurate advice over the phone to our members. We specialise in all OHS issues, including:
- Workers' Compensation
- Return to work
- OHS legal requirements
- OHS management systems
- Emergency management
- Drugs and alcohol in the workplace
- Health and safety representatives and committees
- Help with WorkSafe legal notices or other matters
Being a Victorian Chamber member ensures that your OHS solutions are just a phone call away. Call 03 8662 5333 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Develop your OHS management systems
We can work with you to develop and implement OHS management systems in your business. Good OHS systems will help you to comply with safety legislation, identify and address hazards and minimise risk to you and your workers. A strong commitment to OHS is also great for your corporate image.
Our consultants work with you and your staff to:
- develop your OHS management systems
- develop OHS strategic plans
- develop policies, procedures and protocols through consultative processes
- train your team in the new processes
- integrate OHS with your other operational business management systems.
We will also evaluate your new systems to make sure they are working effectively for you.
OHS management system audits and inspections
Regular reviews of your OHS management system can help you to ensure your systems are still working and make improvements where needed. Our consultants can review your systems, identify areas of concern and make recommendations for improvement. We can:
- develop inspection programs
- develop in-house auditing programs
- conduct AS 4801 & OHSAS 18001 audits
- prepare for external certification audits
- do onsite compliance and physical hazard inspections
- do OHS legal compliance audits.
Risk management services
A strong focus on risk management will help you to create a robust safety culture in your organisation, demonstrate corporate due diligence and improve your overall business performance. Our consultants can:
- help with risk profiling
- facilitate Job Safety Assessments (JSA)/Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- develop risk assessment policies and procedures
- identify hazards
- conduct risk assessments (including plant, manual handling, hazardous substances, noise)
- conduct ergonomic risk assessments
- conduct workplace inspections
- conduct legislative compliance audits
- develop risk registers
- foster a risk management culture for your business.
Ergonomic/manual handling services
Repetitive or forceful movements, or sustained or awkward postures can contribute to musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). MSDs can cause severe and debilitating symptoms such as pain, numbness, and tingling.
Injuries like this can have lasting effects on your staff and business, including:
- reduced productivity
- increased time away from work
- inability to perform job tasks
- increase in workers’ compensation costs.
To keep healthy, we need to maintain good posture and movements when working. Ergonomics is the science of fitting workplace conditions and job demands to the capabilities of workers. Our consultants offer workplace assessments and solutions to help your organisation maintain a healthy workforce. We can:
- carry out complex manual handling risk assessments and suggest practical solutions
- complete workstation ergonomic assessments
- train your workers to complete workstation ergonomic assessments.
We can help you manage incidents and identify causes and contributing factors to prevent reoccurrence. If an accident happens in your organisation, we can:
- conduct an incident investigation and detailed reporting
- analyse causes
- review your current incident investigation systems
- develop incident reporting procedures
- act as an expert witness
- do incident investigation training.
If you hire contractors or subcontractors, we can help you minimise risks to your business. We can:
- develop contractor OHS management systems
- develop and deliver contractor OHS induction and training
- manage onsite contractor activities
- review your pre-tender contractor OHS management system evaluation
- measure the OHS performance of your contractors.
If you are a contractor or subcontractor, we can help you with your OHS tender requirements and ensure you demonstrate and promote your health and safety capabilities through:
- helping you understand the tender requirements and what paperwork to submit
- developing your OHS management system
- help with your Job Safety Assessments (JSA)/Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS).
Workplace health and safety secondment and mentoring services
If you have specific project requirements, increased workloads, or need to cover leave or a recruitment gap, our consultants offer cost-effective solutions. Our experienced and suitability qualified team can fill any gaps in your workplace expertise on a short-, medium- or long-term basis.
Our OHS experts also offer mentoring services if your team needs help or guidance to fulfil their potential.
Workers’ compensation claims management and review
If you need help to manage your WorkCover claim or manage an employee’s return to work, our specialist consultants can help with:
- complex claims advice
- claim review meetings and negotiations
- rehabilitation and return to work programs
- development of occupational rehabilitation and return to work policy and procedures that suit your business and comply with legislation.
Our consultants deliver effective and practical OHS training which will engage your teams and create a safe workplace. Training can be tailored to the specific needs of your business and can be held at either your site or at our training facilities across Victoria.
Our courses cover health safety and environment, Health and Safety Representative training, incident investigations and general office safety. Many our courses are WorkSafe Victoria-approved. Visit the Training section to see all of our available courses.
To book any of our services or learn more about what we can do to make your workplace safer get in touch online or call us on 03 8662 5333.