Summit events and consultations have continued apace over the past month with successful workshops held in Dandenong, Traralgon and Nunawading. Member feedback from the Victoria Summit 2017 workshop series is helping build a picture of the reform priorities for Victorian business.
Among these priorities are the need to:
• Get more small businesses involved in government purchasing and improve information about available government grants.
• Get more young people into apprenticeships, address skill shortages and strengthen training quality.
• Fast track current sectoral regulatory reviews and speed up planning approval processes.
• More effectively promote regional Victoria’s liveability credentials and attract new investment.
• Have clear and consistent government energy and water policies.
• Reduce business costs by continuing to reduce the burden of payroll tax and red tape.
To get involved in a Victoria Summit workshop near you, register by going to www.victorianchamber.com.au/vicsummit and follow the link. The dates and locations of our coming workshops are:
All media enquiries may be directed to the Media and Communications Manager.
For all other enquiries, please contact the Victorian Chamber on (03) 8662 5333.