The health industry employs more than 12 per cent of Victorians and contributes over $30 billion a year to the economy.
The Victorian Chamber’s Health Industry Taskforce report, Vital to Victoria, identifies six priority areas to give Victorian health businesses the best chance of future success:
- Create a more collaborative and integrated health business environment and strengthen local innovation and commercialisation
- Increase the industry’s flexibility in delivering health outcomes and improve access to wellbeing and preventative health options
- Develop and retain a skilled workforce that is equipped to keep pace with changing consumer preferences and needs
- Attract investment to improve digital infrastructure and boost manufacturing capacity and efficiency
- Leverage Victoria’s health industry strengths and international networks to build new product and service opportunities in the global marketplace
- Keep health industry costs low and grow business competitiveness.