Eddie Zhao is the International Business Development Manager of the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Eddie brings more than 20 years of international trade expertise to Chamber members, customers and clients. He is often described by Victorian Chamber members and clients as more like a team member rather than an external consultant.
Since 2014, Eddie has led developed and led the Victoria-Jiangsu Business Placement (VJBP) Program – providing an immersive, business-building experience for Australian companies expanding to China and vice-versa.
Areas of expertise
Eddie has specialised knowledge in international trade and investment, including
- Conducting market research and feasibility studies
- Developing market entry strategies, business plans and assisting clients in implementation
- Sourcing products and components from China
- Providing tailored in-market consultancy and support such as setting up representative offices, wholly owned-foreign enterprise (WOFE), joint venture, recruitment of Chinese staff, organising marketing and promotion activities in China.
- Facilitating inward investors from China and business matching
- Business migration