Every organisation has legal and moral obligations to provide a safe working environment. This interactive course will give you an in-depth understanding of the roles, functions and legal responsibilities regarding health and safety in the workplace. It will also provide you with practical, actionable strategies to help you promote wellbeing and mental health in your business - all helping you to realize the competitive advantage that a healthy and compliant workplace can offer.
Participants successfully completing this course and the post-course assessment will also receive a Statement of Attainment for the nationally-recognised unit of competency BSBWHS501 ‘Ensure a safe workplace’. The assessment must be submitted within 12 weeks from the last day of training.
During this program you will increase your knowledge of:
- The key areas of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act 2004 and Workplace Injury, Rehabilitation and Compensation (WIRC) Act 2013 and how to apply these in your workplace
- Due diligence
- Hazard and risk management processes
- Regulated workplace hazards
- How to report and investigate workplace incidents
- Workplace safety consultation and issue resolution
- The elements of a safety management system
- The benefits of establishing a workplace wellbeing program
This course is suited to managers, supervisors, safety officers, human resource professionals and anyone with responsibility for, or involvement in, health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace.
This program is part of the OHS leadership development pathway designed to provide Leaders with an in-depth understanding of the roles, functions and legal responsibilities regarding HSE or OHS in the workplace. The pathway also includes OHS law for managers. For those who manage contractors, Contractor safety management may also be suitable.
If you’re new to an OHS leadership role, we recommend you build on your experience over 12-18 months by taking each course in the order presented. If you’re an experienced HSE or OHS manager, you can enter the pathway at any stage by choosing the program that best reflects your learning needs. This course also offers a great pathway into the Certificate IV in Work health and safety.